Sunday, March 20, 2005

Dialogue

Adam: No Dawn, you don't understand. I have to be who I am every day. When the sun rises, I am Adam ..... I wake up, get my water from the spring, maybe pick a few coconuts if I'm hungry, and spend the rest of the day with myself. Looking. Thinking. Existing.

But when I'm with you, I'm someone different. All of a sudden, I'm a teacher, I'm a companion. I'm not boring, lonely or clumsy. I'm suave, debonair. I have interesting things to say. I'm the person I want to be, and you make that possible. You, Dawn.

Nothing else matters now. It doesn't matter if I sleep in late in the morning. It doesn't matter if while I'm sleeping I accidently miss a passing ocean liner. It doesn't matter if I ever get off this stupid island at all. I have you now, and I'll always have you...right?

Dawn: Adam, I cannot stay here. I am being hunted by people far more powerful than you can even imagine. While it was nice being with you, my staying here is not possible. I cannot give you what you desire, I cannot even touch your hand. I must leave. Please do not make this harder for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home